https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7OXDWof30&t=96s

 

 

 

 

字幕 VoiceTube

https://tw.voicetube.com/videos/print/32669?eng_zh_tw=1

 

Dear Daddy, I just wanted to thank you for looking after me so well, even though I'm not yet born.
親愛的爸爸,我想謝謝你如此照顧我,即使我還在媽媽肚子裡。
I know you already try harder than Superman.
我知道你已經比超人還要努力地呵護我們。
You won't even let Mommy eat sushi.
你甚至不讓媽媽吃壽司。
But I need to ask you a favor.
但我需要請你幫個忙。
Warning: it's about boys.
警告:是關於男孩的事。
Because, you see, I will be born a girl, which means, that by the time I'm 14, the boys in my class will have called me a whore, a bitch, a cunt, and many other things.
因為,你看,我是即將出生的女孩,這代表當我 14 歲時,在我班上的男孩們會叫我妓女、婊子...還有其他更不堪入耳的辱罵。
It's just for fun, of course.
當然,他們覺得這樣辱罵只是為了好玩。
Something boys do.
這些是男孩們成長中的必經過程。
So you won't worry.
所以你不用擔心。
And I understand that.
而我也能夠體諒他們。
Perhaps you did the same when you were young, trying to impress some of the other boys.
或許在你年輕時也做過相同的事,只為了讓其他男孩對你留下深刻的印象。
I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it.
我很確定你應該也不是有意的。
Still, some of the people won't get the joke.
但是,有些人不懂這是玩笑話。
And funnily enough, it isn't any of the girls. It's some of the boys.
而且有趣的是,不懂得人不是女生,通常都是某些男孩。
So by the time I turn 16, a couple of the boys will have snuck their hands down my pants while I'm so drunk I can't even stand straight.
所以當我 16 歲時,一些男孩會當我醉得幾乎站不起來的時候,將他們的手滑進我的褲子。
And although I say no, they just laugh. It's funny, right?
而且雖然我說了不行,他們反而笑得更開心,很好笑對吧?
If you saw me, Daddy, you would be so ashamed.
爸爸假如你看到我,你會覺得非常羞愧。
Because I'm wasted.
因為我的青春就被這樣浪費了。
No wonder I'm raped when I'm 21.
難怪我在 21 歲時就被強暴。
21 and on my way home in a taxi driven by the son of a guy you went swimming with every Wednesday.
21 歲在我搭計程車回家的路上,開車的就是你每週三一起去游泳的男人的兒子。
The guy who always told insulting jokes but they were of course only jokes so you laughed.
就是那個總是說著辱罵性笑話的男人,但我當然知道那只是玩笑話,而你也笑得很開心。
Had you known that his son would end up rapping me?
你知道後來他兒子會強暴我嗎?
You would've told him to get a grip.
如果知道,你一定會阻止他的。
But how could you know?
但你怎麼知道呢?
He was just a boy telling weird jokes, and in any case, it wasn't your business.
他只是一個說著奇怪笑話的男孩,在任何情況下這都不干你的事。
You were just being nice.
你只是想表現得和藹。
But his son raised on these jokes becomes my business.
但這男孩的玩笑話逐漸成為我的困擾。
Then finally, I meet Mr. Perfect.
最後,我遇到了我的白馬王子。
And you're so happy for me, Daddy, because he really adores me.
而爸爸你也為我感到開心,爸爸,因為他是真的欣賞我、愛慕我。
And he's smart with a great job and all through the winter he goes cross country skiing three times a week just like you.
而且他很聰明,又有很棒的工作,整個冬季他每週會去三次越野滑雪,就像你一樣。
But one day, he stops being Mr. Perfect and I don't know why.
但有天,他不再是那位白馬王子了,而我也不知道為什麼。
Wait, am I overreacting?
等等,這是我過度反應嗎?
One thing I do know: I'm not the victim type.
有件事我知道:我不是那種低聲下氣、謙卑恭順的人。
I'm raised to be a strong and independent woman.
你們教導我要成為勇敢、堅強、獨立的女人。
But one night, it's just all too much for him.
但有一晚,他終於忍受不了了。
With work, and the in-laws, and the wedding coming up.
伴隨著工作、岳父岳母、還有即將到來的婚禮壓力。
So he calls me a whore.
他辱罵我是一個妓女。
Just like you called a girl in middle school a whore once.
就像你曾在國中時期會這樣稱呼女生一樣。
And then another day he hits me.
然後另一天他揍了我。
I mean, I'm way out of line.
我知道,我有時也會忍不了脾氣。
I can really be a bitch sometimes.
我也許會令人討厭、像個婊子。
But we're still the world's greatest couple and I'm so confused because I love him and I hate him and I'm not sure if I really did do something wrong.
但我們還是世界上最完美的一對佳偶,但我很困惑,因為我同時愛著他,但也同時恨他,而且我不知道我是不是真的有做錯什麼事。
And then one day he almost kills me.
接著有一天他差點置我於死地。
It all goes black.
這一切都變得黑暗了。
Even though I have a PhD, a fantastic job, I'm loved by my friends and family, I'm well brought up, and nobody saw this coming.
即使我取得了博士學位,擁有一個很棒的工作,而且我的朋友、家人都很愛我,父母從小也很照顧我,但沒人知道我會有這樣子的人生經歷。
Dear Daddy, this is the favor I want to ask.
親愛的爸爸,這是我想請你幫忙的事。
One thing always leads to another.
一件小小的作為,可能會導致非常嚴重的後果。
So please stop it before it gets the chance to begin.
所以在事態尚未嚴重時,停止做這種事吧!
Don't let my brothers call girls whores.
別讓我的兄弟們辱罵女生妓女。
Because they're not.
因為這些女生不是。
And one day some little boy might think it's true.
也許有一天會有男孩信以為真。
Don't accept insulting jokes from weird guys by the pool, or even friends.
別讓泳池邊的怪人或甚至朋友開這種辱罵性玩笑。
Because behind every joke, there is always some truth.
因為在每個玩笑話背後,永遠都有一些真實。
Dear Daddy, I know you will protect me from lions, tigers, guns, cars, and even sushi without even thinking about the danger to your own life.
親愛的爸爸,我知道你會保護我不受到獅子、老虎、槍械、汽車的傷害,甚至是壽司,你毫不顧慮生命的一切來保護我。
But dear Daddy, I will be born a girl.
但是我親愛的爸爸,我是一個女生。
Please do everything you can so that that won't stay the greatest danger of all.
所以拜託盡你的全力讓我不再陷入這些危險之中。

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    GloriaChiang 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()